General discussions and questions about recurrence plot and recurrence network related methods.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 13:00
- Affiliation (Univ., Inst., Dept.): University of Kerala,India
- Location: Trivandrum,India
- Research field: Nonlinear analysis of solar wind
Sir my topic of research is the nonlinear analysis of solar wind. My doubt is, “is it possible to use cross recurrence plot to study similarity in the dynamics of solar wind speed and the interplanetary magnetic field.
- Posts: 178
- Joined: Wed Jan 4, 2006 11:03
- Affiliation (Univ., Inst., Dept.): Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany
- Location: Potsdam, Germany
- Location: Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany
before answering this question, we should be clear about the research question. What would you like to investigate? Moreover, when using CRP, the considered variables should reflect some similar physical measure. I am not sure whether wind speed and magnetic field are really comparable in terms of their variable values. Some transformation could be necessary. But first, be clear what you really would like to study. This would define the method to be used (e.g. CRP, JRP, tau-RR etc).