Reconstruction

General discussions and questions about recurrence plot and recurrence network related methods.
adrianw
Junior

Reconstruction

Post by adrianw »

Hi

I have a couple of questions about reconstruction after working through the paper "How much information is contained in a recurrence plot?" (Thiel, Romano & Kurths 2004).

1) I have created a Matlab function to implement this algorithm, which works fine on the worked example, but not on much else :cry: I was wondering if there were something in the toolbox, or somewhere else, I could compare against to see where I have gone wrong.

2) Has anyone worked on reconstruction for an unthresholded RP? I have been successfully manipulating my RPs after generating them and I would be interested to see if I can create equivalent time series.

Thanks

Adrian
Norbert
Expert
Affiliation (Univ., Inst., Dept.): Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany
Location: Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany

Re: Reconstruction

Post by Norbert »

Hallo,

reconstruction works only under some certain conditions. As far as I remember, it should be written in this paper (or in the Physics Reports paper 2007). In the CRP toolbox you can find the function recons for such purposes. But this function is not yet debugged and tested.

There is also another approach for reconstruction the time series from an RP, basing on a graphical tree. I hope that the paper will appear soon. We had a talk about this on the last RP workshop: Hirata, Y.: Reconstructing Distance Matrices from Recurrence Plots (http://www.recurrence-plot.tk/ws.php?a=programme)

"Untresholded recurrence plots" are distance matrices. You may find in the WWW many works using such representations. But it can have many names: dot plots, similarity matrices, contact map etc.

Best regards
Norbert
adrianw
Junior

Post by adrianw »

Norbert

Many thanks for that. I will have a look at the things you suggest and hopefully report back on my successes.

Best regards

Adrian
lkrishna
Junior
Affiliation (Univ., Inst., Dept.): indian institute of sciece

Post by lkrishna »

Sir, I have small doubt in using the Rqa121.exe software. Iam working on windows vista platform, and i use matlab software for my projects.
Now i want to use this rqa121.exe for my project. I want to know how to run this program, I have tried to run this with various softwares but i could not. I need your help regarding this.
Thank You.
Best Regards,
Krishna.
Norbert
Expert
Affiliation (Univ., Inst., Dept.): Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany
Location: Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany

Post by Norbert »

lkrishna wrote:Sir, I have small doubt in using the Rqa121.exe software. Iam working on windows vista platform, and i use matlab software for my projects.
Now i want to use this rqa121.exe for my project. I want to know how to run this program, I have tried to run this with various softwares but i could not. I need your help regarding this.
Thank You.
Best Regards,
Krishna.
could you please provide more information about this software? I'm not aware on this software. where did you find it?